Proudly family owned and run
All our financial agreements are fair, transparent and in line with the Retirement Villages Act of Victoria.
I take great pride in Renaissance Living Surrey Hills. I am involved in the hands-on management of the village and I am committed to maintaining its reputation as a national-award-winning village where all residents are treated with respect and honesty.’
Who we are
Located in the heart of leafy and vibrant Surrey Hills, Renaissance Living is an independent living lifestyle community for retirees where you have the freedom and privacy of your own home, in a friendly likeminded community, located close to all the things you love but without all the upkeep.
Architect designed and built by Ravida to the highest standards of quality, luxury and energy efficiency. Renaissance Living offers resort like facilities to all its residents with luxury fully self contained apartments.
Each spacious, secure and light filled apartment includes european appliances, luxury fixtures and fittings, a private courtyard or balcony, double glazed windows, secure underground parking, storage cage and much much more.
Renaissance living Surrey Hills is very proud to have achieved accreditation under the Lifemark Retirement Community 6 pillar quality assurance scheme.
Lifemark is an accreditation scheme that provides a professional quality assurance framework for villages, using the most rigorous standards. Independently audited by professional accreditation body, BSI Australia, the Lifemark Village Scheme sets the benchmark for professional excellence and ensures that people can select a retirement village with confidence.
Lifemark is geared towards continual improvement, and assists operators and villages to be more accountable and responsive to village residents, which in turn safeguards our resident’s lifestyles and their investment.
For more information on Lifemark scheme click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any further questions at any time, please know that we’re always just a phone call away.
What is Renaissance Living?
Architect-designed and built by Ravida to the highest standards of quality, luxury and energy efficiency, Renaissance Living is an intimate retirement village of just 43 spacious and light-filled 1, 2 or 3-bedroom apartments, each of which includes:
- High-end appointments from designer brands like Villeroy & Boch, Grohe, Smeg, Verisol and Caesarstone
- Video intercom, 24-hour security and help line
- Allocated and secure undercover parking & lock-up storage
- Fully insulated walls and double-glazed windows for peace and energy efficiency
- Independently controlled inverter heating &cooling systems
- Wi-Fi internet
- A private courtyard or balcony, and
With both the Through Road shops and the number 70 tramline at your doorstep, you will have a close connection to this vibrant and friendly local community.
Who owns and runs Renaissance Living?
The village is run with a focus on providing quality facilities and service that is always focused on meeting the needs of every resident.
Why is Renaissance Living different to a large corporate retirement village?
- Caring and local
- Intimate village of just 43 apartments
- Focused on service and the needs of residents
- Fair and transparent deferred-management-fee model spread over 10 years
- Low ongoing service fee while maintaining a high level of amenity and service
- Family-owned and run by Don Ravida, who regularly visits the village, knows the residents, and is caring, responsive and respectful
- We never charge extra for coffee, tea, milo, or for simply doing someone a favour, like opening a locked door or changing a light bulb
- Delicious, great value meals available ‘at cost’ for the benefit of residents
- When you vacate your property, we’ll help you prepare it for sale and help organise any work that is
genuinely required on an ‘at cost’ basis
- No limits on age of entry. In fact, anyone over the age of 55 is welcome in our village and we provide
and coordinate services that help residents stay longer
- Renaissance is an integral part of – and connected to – the wider local community.
How will I know when it is the right time to move?
Independent lifestyle communities are becoming an increasingly popular option for active over 55s, because they provide the opportunity to do less of the things you have to do, and more of the things you want to do. If that sounds like you, then now is the right time to consider making a move.
What age do I need to be?
Can my pets come with me?
Can my family and friends come to stay?
Can I purchase meals on site?
What facilities and services are available to me at Renaissance Living?
We can even organise for visiting health and beauty practitioners, so you can enjoy all kinds of personal services, including hairdressing, podiatry treatment, manicure, medical services and massage, just moments from your doorstep.
Other key facilities at Renaissance Living include:
- Licensed restaurant and bar
- Private dining and meeting rooms
- Swimming pool and gym
- Outdoor entertaining areas, including barbecue deck, terrace and central courtyard
- Games area, for billiards, cards, chess and conversation
- Vegetable garden
- Meditation/yoga room
- Guest apartment
- On-site management and staff
- Dedicated parking for guests’ cars and bicycles.
One of the other great pleasures of living at Renaissance Living is that our friendly staff look after all the maintenance, right up to your front door, and they are there to help with whatever you need, from picking-up and dropping off your chemist prescriptions, shopping, laundry, dry cleaning or meals, to arranging cleaning for your apartment.
Are there any organised activities available?
Are there any parks, or sporting facilities nearby?
Can I walk to the local shops?
- Bakery, Cafes & Restaurant
- Milk bar, Take-away food outlets & Wine store
- Hair salons
- Medical centre, pharmacy/post office, osteopath, chiropractor, periodontist, dentist and childcare centre
- Yoga studio
- Dry cleaner and laundry
- Op shop
- Financial advice services
- Auto electrician and mechanics, and more.
Many of these local outlets are happy to take phone orders and can deliver upon request.
How do I get to other places?
What energy efficient features does Renaissance Living have?
- Double-glazed windows for thermal efficiency and sound reduction
- The maximisation of natural light and winter sun wherever possible
- Verosol, heat and light control window blinds to help keep your apartment cool in summer and warm in winter
- Large rainwater tanks – collecting building water run-off for use in landscaped areas and for cleaning common areas.
In addition, each apartment is divided by 258mm-thick walls, comprising plasterboard, metal shield framing, insulation, air space, Hebel panel, top hat battens and further insulation – all designed to maximise thermal efficiency and reduce noise.
What do I get for my weekly maintenance fee?
Access and use of games room, library, heated pool and hyrdrotherapy bath, fully-equipped gym, gymnasium, health & leisure centre, reception, piano lounge, barbeques, vegetable garden and meeting rooms
Full cleaning, maintenance and repairs for the communal areas, including the heated pool and landscaped areas
24-hour emergency call system, help line and monitored security system
Communal area rates, plus discounted council rates on your own apartment
Building and public liability insurance (please note that this does not cover your personal effects and it is advised that you obtain your own contents insurance)
Implementation of a comprehensive waste management plan that includes removing and wherever possible, recycling all household and common-area rubbish
Staff to assist with co-coordinating social activities and special events such as community barbeques, private functions, craft, social clubs, wine group, outings, group exercise sessions and many more activities
Programmable C-Bus system and motion sensors in all communal areas to control lighting and air conditioning.
Discounted electricity, phone and Internet through bulk purchase agreements.
What other regular costs would I incur when living at Renaissance Living?
What type of agreement is it?
What fees would I need to pay if I leave?
- A village maintenance contribution of 0.25% per annum for each year of occupancy (this is also capped at 10 years). This is a contribution towards the continual improvement and overall maintenance of the community, as well as infrastructure and capital works to the building and facilities that ensure it retains its appearance, quality and value for the long term
- An administrative fee for expenses incurred in promoting, advertising, preparing and refurbishing (if required) your unit for sale to a new resident. You can also choose to use an external real estate agent if you prefer. Note that we will help you prepare it for sale on an ‘at cost’ basis and only for work that is genuinely required
Do I need to pay stamp duty on my apartment?
What happens to the term of the lease when the apartment is sold?
What apartments are currently available and how do I find out more?
- Visit our website
- Drop in to visit us in person, weekdays between 10am and 4pm, or
- Call 1300 836 392 to arrange a
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org